Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Why Is It???? You Never Have a Camera When!!!!



There we were today, taking advantage of the calm before the storm, Ted and I, in the dinghy scrubbing the (scuzzy, slimmy, greasy) waterline of the hull in Solomon’s Island, MD. Within less than a three foot radius, along came two beautiful Swans. I had just made a comment like “why aren’t the ducks feasting off the hull of the boat with all this grass?” and I looked up. I could have reached out and petted them. Two beautiful Swans, just chatting away, as if to ask “What are you doing?” No camera! Go figure! Top it off Topaz, is up forward in the V Berth, sleeping away. If she had of been up on the deck, it would have been a very entertaining moment. Shortly after, satisfying their curiosity, they swam around the boat and came back to the stern of the dinghy. Chatting some more. It was really exciting to see such wild creatures not afraid of humans, what so ever.

They came back the next morning..and I was sure to get a photograph this time around. The local boater's here do not see the cuteness in these creatures as I do. Apparently, they steal tools or anything you might lay down in their reach. Talk was to send them back to the Queen of England. I guess that's where they orginated as a gift.?? I'll have to do some reach on this, as to which Queen gave the gift I'm not sure.

Just a couple of days before hand, we were at a bus stop in Annapolis. As I had approached a lady sitting at the bus stop. I had asked, if one of the buses that stopped here, would take us to a grocery store? She in turn had a budgie bird down the front of her jacket on a harness and tether. She felt that the bird gets bored, in the apartment, and tries to get him out as much as possible. Cute little guy, as he climbs out and onto my hand. However, it was a chilly day and we’d hate to see him get a draft.

No comments: